God's Armorbearer #9

Must be an excellent communicator

I do have to admit this one,"I am still trying to grow in",because communication is more important than anything I know of in establishing a relationship with a leader.

It is the only way to build trust between the pastor and his associates. This does not mean that you are to bother your pastor with every issue or decision that comes up; just that you should let him be aware of what is going on in the church and among the people.

Never hide anything from your pastor . Always let him know if someone is having (or causing) a problem in the church,and what steps you are taking to resolve that situation.

Many times I have to deal with things which I know are clearly in my area of responsibility, but I always make my pastor aware of what I am doing.
Situation's will sometimes arise which I know should be dealt with by the pastor himself. When that happens, I go and share with him. Either he will deal with the situation,or he will give me advice as to how to handle it.

The "bottom line" is communication.

If anyone ever says to you,"I want to tell you something in private,but you must promise not to let the pastor know I told you about it,"you should stop that conversation immediately and say to the person,"You may as well hold your breath,because I will not make any such promise."

You owe it to your leader to reveal anything that is going to cause problems in the church. Jesus said that there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. (Mark 4:22.) If you withhold something from your pastor ,then I can safely prophesy that it will come back to you;it will blow up and you will be caught in the middle of the explosion.

Secrecy is a trap which satan lays for the unsuspecting.Don't fall into it.

Cont. #10 Must have a disposition that will eagerly gain victories for his leader+++

No comments: